[geeklog-devel] Reducing Template Files

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Thu Jun 13 19:08:35 EDT 2013

Hi All,

I was working on a few updates with the Topic Block and I ended up reducing
the template files needed (3) down to 1 by using the rarely used template
block feature which is built into the template class (from Geeklog 1.3 I
believe). This is also currently used with the page navigation.

I also went ahead and reduced the menu template files (menuitem.thtml,
menuitem_none.thtml, menuitem_last.thtml) down to 1 file as well
(menunavigation.thtml).

After a quick glance there are a number of places we can do this that makes
sense and it is fairly easy to do (though it might make it slightly more
complex for theme designers initially).

Adminoption, Adminoption_off
List, listitem
Useroption, useroption_off

Should I go ahead and do this? I like having less template files to worry
about and it does combine similar template files into one file.

Thoughts?

Tom

Note: Remember if you commit any template changes please update the theme
docs file with the changes to make it easier for everyone to update their
themes when a new version of Geeklog comes out.