[geeklog-devel] OAuth Support - Passwords and Emails

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Sat Oct 23 14:55:11 EDT 2010

Okay the OAuth hack is pretty much in place.

Two things

1. How do we want to handle accounts without passwords?

I was thinking of removing the password fields (and check) on the form "My
Account -> Username & Password" for any user that doesn't have a
remoteservice of NULL and passwd of '' in the users table. Will this work
for the other login methods like OpenID, 3rdParty (livejournal, LDAP)?

2. Some User login methods do not give us the users email address.

I will add in a check on the profile page so other users cannot send them an
email. Anything else needed here?

Thanks

Tom

database 5558 (20101023) __________