[geeklog-devel] Testing with Plugins (Twitter and Facebook status)

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Wed Mar 31 17:01:08 EDT 2010

Matías Hernández Arellano wrote:

>I know how to use the APIs of both sites, but I can not see how to
>create the block .. xD a quick idea for something simple that will
>serve to test me?

You would need to create what we call a PHP block. Effectively, that's a
function with a name starting with phpblock_ (e.g. phpblock_twitter).
Whatever that function returns will then be displayed in the block. You
create the actual block from the Admin's Block editor (note the block
types in the dropdown there).

bye, Dirk

Also see <http://www.geeklog.net/faqman/index.php?op=view&t=12>

--