[geeklog-devel] GSoC Information Recap

Vincent Furia vfuria at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 16:07:18 EDT 2010

Just wanted to spread some information around. This is mostly a rehash of
information found on the wiki, just wanted to reiterate it as there have
been lots of questions on these topics.

Our GSoC Page:
http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/org/home/google/gsoc2010/geeklog
Our GSoc Wiki: http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/Google_Summer_of_Code

Private and/or confidential information (such as CVs, Draft
Project Proposals, etc) should be sent to the mentor's mailing list at
contact-us at lists.geeklog.net. Project questions and discussion should be
addressed to (and you should subscribe to) geeklog-devel at lists.geeklog.net.
(See the mailing list FAQ:
http://www.geeklog.net/faqman/index.php?op=view&t=15). The Geeklog forums (
http://www.geeklog.net/forum/index.php) are a good place to get in contact
with the broader Geeklog community. This may be useful to get an idea as to
how our users may actually use your project.

Regarding proposals: The GSoC page contains the proposal template. For
Geeklog, the template is a list of questions we would like to see answered
by your proposal. Strong applications will contain design and implementation
details along with a realistic schedule. Don't forgot to leave time in your
schedule for testing and integration. It is important to note that May 24th
is the start of the coding period. Any design, setup and preparation work
(i.e. getting up and running with a development environment) should all be
completed before this date. Submitting a patch for a bug or a feature
request (which can be found on Geeklog's bug tracker:
http://project.geeklog.net/tracking) is a required part of the application.

Please feel free to ask questions, you can use the mailing lists and IRC (
freenode.net, #geeklog).

Thanks,
Vinny