[geeklog-devel] GSoC 2010 is on

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Fri Jan 29 01:56:30 EST 2010

Vincent Furia wrote:

>   2. (Minimum) Weekly Code Check Ins. Good idea for a load of reasons (as a
>   backup, progress indicator, community involvement...)

Agreed. We gave our students their own repositories last time around, so
this would be the logical next step.

>   3. One or two weeks scheduled at the end of the Summer for "Integration".
>   Otherwise it seems to take a long time to get projects incorporated into a
>   release as school starts back up.

Good idea. So far, our requirement for "success" was only that it
works / solves the problem. We should add "is ready for integration" as
a requirement. Nothing wrong with a few rough edges (e.g. like the state
the Postgres code is in now). Get it to a state where the rest of the
team could address the remaining issues if need be (i.e. the student
drops from the face of the earth).

bye, Dirk

--
http://www.haun-online.de/