[geeklog-devel] Calendar Plugin - Recurring Events

Vlad Voicu vladvoic at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 12:54:39 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 7:31 PM, Vlad Voicu <vladvoic at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Samuel Leathers <sam at theleathers.net> wrote:
>

>> I think having a bunch of columns for recurring events could get real
>> ugly. My other thought was what if we mirror the ical structure in the
>> database like so:
>>
>> columns: dtstart, dtend, rrule
>
> I think this is the right way also.

Sorry, I misinterpreted this, I now realize that you wanted to keep
the rrule as a string, not as a table. I suggested a table because it
is easier to treat complex events and exceptions this way. I'll look
deeper in the Ical format for recurring events, but as far as I know,
it doesn't support exceptions from recurrence rules. If we decide we
don't want exceptions, I think using Ical's format is the right way to
do it.

Sorry for the badly formated email above.

Regards,
Vlad.