[geeklog-devel] PLG_itemDisplay() hook in lib-story

Greg Gillis greg.gillis at sillig.com
Thu Oct 1 11:05:23 EDT 2009

Thanks Dirk,
PLG_templateSetVars worked fine.

If PLG_itemDisplay() in lib-story.php is included in a future version of
Geeklog I will switch back to it since it would not require three template
file changes.

Regards,

Greg

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 2:57 PM, Dirk Haun <dirk at haun-online.de> wrote:

> Greg Gillis wrote:
>
> >Back around version 1.4 there was a proposed PLG_itemDisplay() hook in
> >lib-story.php.
> >http://project.geeklog.net/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/geeklog/rev/3d49aa6f192d
>
> Thanks for digging this up.
>

> >I wrote a plugin to add your choice of social network icons to the bottom
> of
> >each story and it requires this hook.
>
> Is there anything that PLG_itemDisplay does that could not be done using
> PLG_templateSetVars?
>
> I guess the main difference is that you wouldn't need to modify the
> story templates. But at the same time it would be more flexible, since
> that implementation of PLG_itemDisplay only added things to one specific
> template variable.
>
> bye, Dirk
>

> --
> http://www.geeklog.net/
> http://geeklog.info/

Greg Gillis
Webmaster www.sillig.com

Microsoft Certified Professional
Network+ Certified Professional
A+ Certified Professional

contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information.  Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
destroy all copies of the original message.  Thank you