[geeklog-devel] [geeklog-spam] Google Summer of Code 2009: Geeklog

saurabh gupta saurabhgupta1403 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 19:14:57 EDT 2009

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 4:27 AM, Dirk Haun <dirk at haun-online.de> wrote:
> Okay, in addition to the confusion about SWOT (as discussed on IRC):

Well, I wil clarify this thing in my final draft and most probably I
will include these features under the tag "if time allows" as
suggested by you.

>>1. Moderation of spammed post
>
> Keep in mind that not everything is a post. We're also filtering emails
> sent through the user profile and the user profile itself. Especially
> the latter will be hard to push into a queue ...

I got it.
As you suggested during the discussion, if any registered user emails
or submits a spammed post, may be we can include his id in the
spam-blacklist. This information will also be sent whenever
importing/exporting the spam-X data.

>>Whenever, a post is caught as spam, it will be entered in the spam queue
>>and those words will be highlighted with red marker on the basis of
>>which a post is decided as a spam.
>
> For a post that's rejected by SLV, you won't have that information, btw.
> Just something to consider when you design that feature.

All right. We can figure out this issue. If SLV marks an entry as
spam, then may be we can add a tag or header on the post to indicate
that it is ruled out by SLV. We can discuss on this issue on how to
implement that.

> I'll get back to you with more comments.
Sure. Thanks for reading my proposal :)

--
Saurabh Gupta
Senior,