[geeklog-devel] Bug 0000775 - proposed solution

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Tue Mar 24 15:11:13 EDT 2009

Sean Clark wrote:

>This may seem like an idiotic question, but what are the templates and their
>connection to the calendar on Geeklog?

The HTML for the calendar comes from the template files in plugins/
calendar/templates. They are basically HTML with a few placeholders for
the actual data. Some of those placeholders form links, though. Here's a
snippet from calendarweek.thtml:

mode={mode}&view=week&month={wmonth}&day={wday}&year={wyear}">

That looks like another link that should have the nofollow when it
points too far into the future. So the fix for this bug also requires
some template changes.

>Templates aside, I think I corrected the problem using the concept above as
>far as all links on calendar/index.php go.

Sounds good.

>of course leaving the 12 easily accessible for change to the
>desired value in the function.

Just FYI, we have the convention to stick configuration items into an
array. For the Calendar, that would be
$_CA_CONF['somegoodnameforthatvaluehere'].

>I'll wait to hear what these templates are
>before getting too excited...

:-)

bye, Dirk

--