[geeklog-devel] Google Summer of Code 2009: Geeklog

saurabh gupta saurabhgupta1403 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 06:54:59 EDT 2009

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Dirk Haun <dirk at haun-online.de> wrote:
> Dirk Haun wrote:
>
>>SWOT is intended to pass specific
>>information around, while the other idea was to allow transfer of _all_
>>the information from one site to another.
>
> Thinking some more about this:
>
> Suppose I'm setting up a new site. In that case, I would like to copy
> over all the Spam-X data from one of my exisiting sites. So that's when
> I would need a full export/import. After that step, I'll want to keep
> the two sites in sync. That's where SWOT comes in: I'll set up SWOT
> feeds on both sites and what is being filtered on one site will be
> picked up by the other.
>
> Speaking of SWOT: I guess I should be able to publish more than one SWOT
> feed. Take my earlier example: I will probably want to publish a more
> conservative feed which only lists specific spam(mers). And then I'll
> have another feed for the more broad filters (e.g. block all of Comcast ...).

All right. What you mean to say is that we can categorize the SWOT
feeds. One wil contain the normal feeds which contain hops counts as
well as data from other sites also. And another one will contain the
explicit list of spammers from my sites and will more or less related
to my site working (like blocking sites from germany or USA
particularly).

> I was hoping Mike would chime in here - it's his idea after all. Mike?
>
> bye, Dirk

I will be glad to discuss about this idea more and may be we can
discuss it more extensively on IRC also. I am available on #geeklog by
*saurabh1403* and I will ping you to discuss this idea whenever you
are free :-)
Hope, this summer, I again get a chance to work through GSoC and
contribute to open source world :-)

> --
> http://www.geeklog.net/
> http://geeklog.info/