[geeklog-devel] Dedicated website for the GSoC OpenID project

Choplair chopinou at choplair.org
Wed Jun 3 17:06:28 EDT 2009

Hello.

For the one who don't know, I am Choplair, the student selected to
achieve full OpenID v2.0 library creation and integration into
Geeklog.

This requirement of coding an entire new OpenID implementation in PHP
is the big part of the job, and since being reusable by potential
other interested projects would be a good point, I directly chose to
perform this library's development in an rather independent way.

I thus gave the project a name[1] and opened its own account on Source
Forge, with, in particular, a dedicated website to allow anyone to
follow progress, obtain information, get documentation, and access to
the latest source code in a fast, simple, centralized way.

Here is the address : http://gggoooiiippp.sf.net/

It's a fresh Geeklog install without a lot of content right now, but
I'm gonna add various stuffs during the coming days.

Those stuffs to add includes access to a Mercurial repository.
Indeed, as an old shool addict I've been working with CVS for so long,
but I dived into Mercurial since you selected for your SoC project,
and now I love this system ! So please let me just some time to set up
something nice to put online, and you'll have access to source code.
:)

And I'll "push" my commit on both (mine and Geeklogs's) project's
Mercurial repository at the same time. :)

Hope you are OK with it.

Regards,
Choplair

[1] Which is GGGOOOIIIPPP, standing for "Geeklog GNU GPL Object
Oriented Opend ID Implemention In Pure PHP Project". I know this
acronym looks horrible, but I wanted something different from borry
"PHP OpenID" or "OpenID v2 library". The good points with GGGOOOIIIPPP
is that it's a unique name that help project being easily found using
search engine, and that it's actualy easy to remember : triple G,
triple O, triple I, triple P.
There is also a shorter version "GOIP" for "Geeklog OpenID project"
but such a 4 letter acronym is already used by loads of things.
Anyway, it's just a name, it's not very important ATM and if you
really hate it, renaming it would take some seconds. :p

--
                           C H O P L A I R
                           N E T W O R K

  Copyleft Web, Software & Audio/Video Production
 EMAIL :                  contact AT choplair DOT net
 PHONE / FAX :      +33 (0)9 72 11 44 69
 POST :            Choplair-Network. 2972 Columbia St.
                         Suite # 4557  Torrance, CA 90503
 NETWORK :                      http://www.choplair.net
 COMMUNICATION :           http://www.choplair.com
 ORGANIZATION :              http://www.choplair.org