[geeklog-devel] Word of warning about COM_makeClickableLinks

Rob Griffiths robg at griffsweb.com
Sat Jan 24 08:38:54 EST 2009

On Jan 24, 2009, at 4:56 AM, Dirk Haun wrote:

> That has been fixed now, but it will now make geeklog.net clickable
> (which it didn't do in 1.4.1), as it recognizes the ".net". Is that
> a problem?

Personally, I don't want my CMS making any assumptions about what I
want to do. If I want a link, I'll code it explicitly. Count me
strongly in favor of an option to disable this "feature." One of the
things that I've always liked about Geeklog (vs say WordPress) is that
it didn't go about changing my code of its own volition (OK, other
than deleting my backslashes :) ).

-rob.