[geeklog-devel] Geeklog 1.6.2

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Mon Dec 7 14:23:58 EST 2009

Tom wrote:

>Then it can at least guide us in a general direction of what new features
>will be implemented and when, and possibly by who.

Right.

>Other items that need to be added to the Roadmap
>- Implementing the Plugin Repository

I do have the Geeklog side of things in a local Mercurial repository,
all merged with the current development version (including SQL updates
etc.). I haven't pushed it since I ran into a few issues with the actual
Repository plugin. I've talked to Tim briefly to see if he would be
available to either work on it or help us with it.

The Plugin Repository is an important next step in our ongoing quest to
make installation and upgrades easier, so it should definitively be on
the list.

>- "Add Social Networking Features"

Well, there wasn't a lot of enthusiasm for my last post, to put it
mildly. So unless that changes, all that "social" stuff is off the list.

>For example, I know we talked about and decided to implement a JavaScript
>library and it looks like it may be jQuery??

We do have 2 or 3 issues in our bugtracker that could be solved with a
few lines of JavaScript. They wouldn't exactly require a JS library, though.

But how about a search function for the Configuration? That would be an
interesting project and a good test for a JS library.

There's also an unresolved issue with numbered items, e.g. Miscellaneous
> Miscellaneous > Notifications: When you have 2 or more entries and
remove an entry other than the last, the remaining entries should be
renumbered or any additional entry will now get a duplicate number.
That's all JS code there.

Other "big" items? OpenID 2.0 and Postgres support would come to mind,
but I haven't heard anything from Choplair or Stan recently (hey guys).
Other than those, I can't think of any right now, but there will no
doubt be a gazillion smaller ones (not to mention the 150 open issues in
the bugtracker).

All of these possible roadmap items are looking for a volunteer /
coordinator / champion (however you want to call it).

bye, Dirk

--
http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/