[geeklog-devel] FW: geeklog-devel Digest, Vol 27, Issue 1

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Fri Apr 3 06:14:36 EDT 2009

Tim Patrick wrote:

> Here is a draft proposal fro the Cross Site Alert Plugin..
> Tell me what you think, and if I am on the right path for it!

You seem to actually be on a slightly different path than laid out on
the ideas page, but that's not necessarily a bad thing ;-)

I don't think we had the "Open Hub" idea in mind with that proposal,
but it does sound interesting. Spam could be a real problem with
those, but you could handle them similar to how Geeklog handles story
submissions: There's a submission queue that you can switch on and off
and you can allow certain users (groups of users, actually) to post
directly while others have to go through the submission queue.

Can't go into too much detail from here now, but I like the general
direction and would like to see it a bit more fleshed out on the
implementation level (e.g. what protocol have you considered using
between the nodes?). And a schedule, but I guess you know that.

Make sure to submit the next revision into the webapp and we take it
from there.

bye, Dirk