[geeklog-devel] Plugins and GL 1.5 online config manager

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Fri Jan 4 07:04:24 EST 2008

Aaron Blankstein wrote:

>On Jan 3, 2008 11:39 PM, Joe Mucchiello <joe at throwingdice.com> wrote:
>>I also notice you have to be in 'root' use the config gui. That makes
>> sense for options in the old config.php but by moving the
>> configuration to a GUI, it should be more flexible.
>>

>I agree.

Yep, I think it would make sense to add a 'config' permission for every
plugin, e.g. 'staticpages.config'. Root users should have this
permission by default while plugin admins (Static Page Admin, etc.)
should _not_ have it. Otherwise, a lot of plugin Admins will suddenly be
able to change the layout / behaviour of the site after an upgrade.
That's probably not something you'd expect.

Eventually, we will also have to restrict / allow access to only certain
parts of the Core config. But that can wait.

bye, Dirk

--
http://www.haun-online.de/accu/