[geeklog-devel] User Profile Plugin API

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Wed Oct 17 22:29:04 EDT 2007

Before 1.5 releases, could something be done about the User Profile
API. PLG_profileVariablesEdit() is fine. The problem is
PLG_profileBlocksEdit(). They don't make sense now that the
userprofile is using the NavBar. The blocks must show in the Preview
tab and that's unfortunate. It would be really nice if the plugin
could create a new tab. My suggestion is to change the return from
plugin_profileblocksedit to a be either a string (as it is now) or an
assoc array. If a string is returned, it goes in the preview tab as
usual. If an array is returned, tabs are added to the navbar using
the key as the tab name and the value as the page data. If the name
is already existing, the data is appended to page.

I haven't really researched this completely, but it would be more
consistent with the new interface.

----
Joe Mucchiello
Throwing Dice Games