[geeklog-devel] Configuration GUI on PHP 4?

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Tue Oct 2 13:50:49 EDT 2007

At 01:03 PM 10/2/2007, Tony Bibbs wrote:
>Which would then beg the question of how far out of our way we want
>to go to get E_STRICT working.

Personally, I use E_ALL for plugin development. It really helps you
avoid variable name mistakes. Stuff like
$display = xyz();
return $retval;   // undefined variable

And it really isn't "out of the way" to be compliant. There's a
little pain crunching through some of the screens. But after that
it's great. The only real pain is checking every associative array
key first. Mostly $_POST, $_GET and $_REQUEST.

----
Joe Mucchiello
Throwing Dice Games
http://www.throwingdice.com