[geeklog-devel] Topic/Story rights

Dwight Trumbower dwight at trumbower.com
Tue Nov 20 10:28:24 EST 2007

On Nov 15, 2007 3:58 PM, Dirk Haun <dirk at haun-online.de> wrote:

> Dwight Trumbower wrote:
>
> >When edit an existing story that the owner created, it gives you the
> >security error message.
>
> Sounds like a permission problem. With the topic permissions,
> specifically. See "Setting up a Story Admin",
> <http://www.geeklog.net/faqman/index.php?op=view&t=23>
>
> bye, Dirk

This is what I'm doing.

Create a new group, TestStory and give Topic and Story admin rights to
group.(By the way when creating a new group, the rights don't get created on
the first save. You have to edit it again for the rights to take.)

Create a new user, assign this group to the new user.

In a topic, assign the TestStory group to the topic and allow group editing.

Login as new user and create a new story. Make sure to change the story
group assignment, topic and allow group editing.

Now try to modify the story, the save fails.

Access Denied Sorry, you do not have access to the story administration
page. Please note that all attempts to access unauthorized features are
logged

I have tried the above steps in 1.4.1 with no problems. In the latest CVS
code it fails.

I have tried this on several servers and I get the same results.

What the heck am I missing?

--
Have a Great Day!

Dwight Trumbower