[geeklog-devel] Coding standards clarification

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Thu May 24 16:46:57 EDT 2007

At 02:44 AM 5/24/2007, Heather Engineering wrote:
>>3) if ($groupid == $_CONF['whatever'])
>
>Sorry, there should have been a space before the left bracket. I was
>asking about around the comparator '=='.

I was emphasizing that there is no space after the left paren or
before the right paren.

As for your question, all of the code examples in the coding standard
places spaces on both sides of all binary operators.

>That's a different question, but actually one I wanted to ask. Is it
>usually better to make one big query, or several smaller ones?
>Performance-wise, which is better? I was under the impression it was
>generally better to combine into as few queries as possible.

Put that query into the mysql query analyzer. You will see an ugly
execution path.

----
Joe Mucchiello
Throwing Dice Games