[geeklog-devel] Plans for a "Geeklog Day" at FrOSCon

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Fri Jun 15 14:27:45 EDT 2007

Mostly as an FYI, at least at this stage: I got confirmation today that
we can have a room at this year's FrOSCon[1]. The idea is to hold a
Geeklog user meetup and "mini conference" there.

FrOSCon, the Free and Open Source Conference, will be held in Sankt
Augustin (near Bonn), Germany, on August 25. + 26. I was there last year
[2] and was pretty impressed with the program and the organisation.

The exact date (Saturday or Sunday) for our event has yet to be agreed
upon. I plan to be there on both days anyway.

The ideas for presentations so far include a "What is Geeklog"-type
introduction, a report about the Summer of Code (which will be in its
closing stages by then) and possibly some sort of Geeklog workshop. I
have also submitted a presentation about webspam (that I just held at my
local PHP user's group this week[3]) for the main conference - and if
they don't want it there, I'll give it at the Geeklog Day.

Any chance of seeing anyone of you there? The conference program is not
up yet, but I'm sure it will be worth a visit.

bye, Dirk

[1] <http://www.froscon.org/>
[2] <http://www.geeklog.net/article.php/geeklog-at-froscon>
[3] <http://geeklog.info/article.php/webspam-vortrag>