[geeklog-devel] CAPTCHA v3.0 removes reliance on PHP sessions

Web Site Master WebSiteMaster at Cogeco.net
Sun Jun 3 09:31:23 EDT 2007

This is something that we have needed.

Are you planning for it to be able to handle arrays?  I have an array that
is built in a plugin each time the user accesses a page.  Building it once
and storing it for a session would be a lot faster than rebuilding it for
each access.

-----Original Message-----
From: geeklog-devel-bounces at lists.geeklog.net
[mailto:geeklog-devel-bounces at lists.geeklog.net] On Behalf Of Joe Mucchiello
Sent: June 3, 2007 8:01 AM
To: Geeklog Development
Subject: [geeklog-devel] CAPTCHA v3.0 removes reliance on PHP sessions

 > Authored by:
<http://www.geeklog.net/users.php?mode=profile&uid=7961>mevans on Sunday,
June 03 2007 @ 01:08 AM EDT  > I'm working on CAPTCHA v3.0 and I will try to
get OpenID support in there. My plan is to make it an option just like
anonymous,  > so you can select to have all OpenID users enter the CAPTCHA
if you want. The other big change in v3 will be removing the  > PHP sessions
and replacing it with a db driven solution. PHP sessions seem to cause more
problems than they solve right now.

I had a feature request for a new table supported by lib-sessions called
gl_sess_vars. It would have three columns: sess_id, name, var.
lib-sessions would expose a new global: $_SESS_ID that would be used as half
of the key for gl_sess_vars (the other half being name). When lib-sessions
does maintanance to remove dead sessions from gl_sessions it would also
clean up gl_sess_vars.

This would solve all sorts of issues with forms knowing where they came from
that I can't believe it didn't get written sooner. If someone will guarantee
this feature will be accepted, I'll write the change to lib-session myself.
   Joe

----
Joe Mucchiello
Throwing Dice Games