[geeklog-devel] Webservices API in CVS (was: About the "internal" and Webservices APIs)

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Aug 11 13:06:04 EDT 2007

Dirk Haun wrote:

>Clients are a bit rare (I have a
>sidebar extension for Firefox that I haven't got to work yet)

Okay, it's still a bit wobbly, but I just managed to edit an existing
static page as well as create a new one via the Webservices API and the
Firefox extension, so I decided to add it to CVS.

Try installing the Firefox extension from <http://code.google.com/p/
atomojo/> (ignore the "Atomojo Server"). Once installed, you can call it
up from the menu: View -> Sidebar -> Atomic.

It will ask you for a name for the configuration, your username and
password as well as an introspection URL. Use

    http://www.example.com/webservices/atom/?introspection

It should try to connect to your site, picking up the site's name and
eventually display the well-known orange feed icon with the word
"Entries" next to it. Double-click that. A new window opens, listing
your existing static pages. You should be able to edit and create static
pages from there.

As I said, it's a bit wobbly - and that includes the Firefox extension
itself which sometimes just doesn't seem to respond any more. In that
case, try closing and re-opening the sidebar.

After saving a page, you'll also get an XML error. When creating a new
page, that's a bug in the Webservices API, I think, which is supposed to
return the new element but currently doesn't. When modifying a page,
however, I think the bug is in the FF extension, since in that case no
XML is being sent (only a "200 OK" response).

Anyway, that should give you something to play with.

If you find any other Atompub clients, please post about them here. And
I would be interested if anyone could get that Atompub filesystem[1]
working (I couldn't even get it to install ...).

bye, Dirk

[1] <http://wanderingbarque.com/appfs/using_appfs.html>

--
Geeklog Day at FrOSCon: August 25, 2007 - See you there!
http://www.geeklog.net/article.php/geeklog-day-at-froscon