[geeklog-devel] New features in CVS

Tom Willett tomw at pigstye.net
Tue May 11 14:39:49 EDT 2004

I have from early on had a ip lookup function in the stats plugin.  I used
two different net based whois providers and they both soon started blocking
access or regularly changed the interface.  So I looked into and adopted
phpwhois2.  It contacts the whois servers directly and does not have this
problem.  You can see my implementation in my nettools hacks.  I would
recommend that if you do go with ip lookup that you look at phpwhois to
avoid problems.

--
Tom Willett
tomw at pigstye.net