[geeklog-devel] My favourite topic: \ > < characters...

LIMBURG, Mark mark.limburg at baesystems.com
Mon Mar 10 19:45:42 EST 2003

Howdy,

Let me get this right .. the solution to this problem is to:

 a) build a single 'parse_content' type procedure which takes a
    chunk'o'text and (after checking the typical magic_quotes
    shit) converts it from one state to another state.

 b) assign the use of this procedure EVERYWHERE.

We could use a number of parameters here, including from/to states and a
'sanitise' option to remove all HTML (for html clean areas like title, etc).

  parse_content( $entity, $start_state, $sanitise = FALSE )

Is this our solution?  Have a single and enforced parser that puts the text
into a db-friendly format, and parses that format into 'html'?  Or have I
missed the boat.

Regards,

Mark Limburg
Team Leader, Unix Operations, Information Systems

BAE SYSTEMS, AUSTRALIA
PO Box 1068, Salisbury
South Australia,  5108
Phone: +61 8 8480 7971