[BwayDems] May newsletter and forum announcement

Pat Almonrode palmonrode at gmail.com
Wed May 5 08:25:53 EDT 2021

Hot off the presses, the latest edition of the Broadway Democrats' monthly
newsletter! Inside you'll find:

   - a report from Male District Leader Curtis Arluck on ranked-choice
   voting in light of the "mess" surrounding club-endorsed mayoral candidate
   Scott Stringer;
   - a note from Club President Heather Ducharme;
   - a call to join activities *this Saturday, May 8*, to urge passage of
   the For the People Act (S1), John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act
   (HR4), DC statehood (HR51), and for reforming the filibuster;
   - a note about the Broadway Democrats' Book Club;
   - ways to help club-endorsed Dan Cohen, candidate for City Council;
   - a postcarding Zoom to register likely Democrats in Colorado;
   - and more!

And finally, *mark your calendars now for our next Zoom General Meeting on
May 20*, when we'll hear from Andrew Albert, Chairman, NYC Transit Riders
Council and Member of the MTA Board, who'll be speaking on the return of
NYC mass transit as the pandemic eases. *Send your questions
to bdemsnewsletter at gmail.com <bdemsnewsletter at gmail.com>*

Enjoy!

Pat Almonrode, Editor