[BwayDems] Reminder! 2021 Broadway Dems Fundraiser Sunday, June 27th

Broadway Democrats broadway.dems at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 07:47:15 EDT 2021

Dear Friend:

On Sunday, June 27th, at 4pm, the Broadway Democrats will host our annual
Spring Fling, this year on Zoom. We promise a fun-filled afternoon of
entertainment and good talk. Please join us and help us to build on our
success in electing Democratic candidates and championing the Democratic
agenda of justice and prosperity.

This year, Broadway Democrats will honor *Senator Chuck Schumer*. As a
national leader, as a staunch advocate for NY, as a friend of and frequent
visitor to the Broadway Democrats, Senator Schumer has always been there
for us. In his first act as incoming Senate Majority Leader, he stood up
for our democracy against the Trump insurrectionists and their Republican
enablers. He spearheaded passage of the American Rescue Plan to combat the
pandemic and give economic aid to the tens of millions of people affected
by it. Whether it’s projects or principles, he continues to fight for all
New Yorkers. We will miss seeing Chuck in person, with or without his
bicycle, but we are thrilled to honor him virtually.

We will also present the Ida and Jesse Frankel Community Service Award
to *Bloomingdale
Aging in Place *(BAiP) for their outstanding service to our community.
Since their start in 2008, BAiP has provided programs and activities for
the growing number of seniors on the West Side to help them lead connected,
safe, and comfortable lives as their needs change. Sharing information,
organizing social activities, providing tech help to those whose only
contacts would be online, BAiP’s volunteer network adapted to provide
particularly critical services throughout this last pandemic year.

Last year, through our Go Blue Committee, Broadway Democrats contacted
thousands of voters in swing states through postcards, letters, and phone
calls. We continued our tradition of sending volunteers to Pennsylvania. We
won!—the Presidency, the Senate, the House. But our margins are slim, and
our democracy is under constant attack. We hope you’ll attend our benefit
and support our work on behalf of Democratic candidates and progressive
values by contributing in one of the following categories:

$500 Benefactor

$300 Patron

$175 Sponsor

$150 Guest (not listed in invitation or program)

$50 Dues-paid Member (not listed in invitation or program)

$35 Dues-paid Senior or Student Member not listed in invitation or program)

Please make your check payable to Broadway Democrats and mail it to
Broadway Democrats, P.O. Box 1099, Cathedral Station, New York, NY 10025.
You can also pay on-line at
http://www.broadwaydemocrats.org/fundraiser-contribution-2021.html. Please
email any questions to fundraiser at broadwaydemocrats.org.

*You must contact us by this Wednesday, June 9th **to be listed in the
invitation. *

We thank you for your support and look forward to celebrating with you,

Heather Ducharme, President