[BwayDems] Updated Local Results: Bragg, Levine, Brewer and Abreu Win

curtisdems curtisdems at aol.com
Sun Jul 4 23:21:53 EDT 2021

The results for Mayor and Comptroller may not be known for weeks, and the mess surrounding the counting of the votes is outrageous and depressing. But we now have clear-cut winners for all our local offices:Alvin Bragg has won for District Attorney. His leading opponent, Tali Weinstein, conceded Friday. He won the machine votes by about 3%, which is especially important because there is no Ranked Choice Voting for DA. The Absentee results are not officially in, but enough of them have been counted to show that Bragg's lead is, if anything, increasing.Mark Levine is a lock to be our next Borough President. Second place finisher Brad Hoylman conceded today. Mark's narrow lead with the first place votes kept expanding as  candidates were eliminated in the ranked choice count, and now stands at 14,000 votes, a 54%-46% margin. There are 40,000 absentee ballots, but they seem to be breaking the same way. Elizabeth Caputo leapfrogged over Ben Kallos and Lindsey Boylan to lead for third place overall.Gale Brewer won for City Council in District 6 with a majority of the votes cast, obviating the need to go to rank choice voting. The only bad news is that second place went not to promising newcomers Sara Lind or Jeffrey Omura, but to NIMBY candidate Maria Danzilo. Nevertheless, more than 80% of the district's voters continued its progressive tradition.Shaun Abreu easily won in Council District 7, reaching a majority of the votes with three candidates left after the others were dropped.  Second place looks to have been won by Maria Ordonez, and third place by Stacy Lynch. Dan Cohen came in second in our area but lagged in the rest of the district.For more election results, visit the NYC Board of Elections website. The next update, reflecting most of the absentee ballots, is expected this Tuesday, July 6th.Congratulations to Alvin Bragg, Mark Levine, Gale Brewer, and Shaun Abreu. We know you will represent us well. And for those who didn't win this time, especially Dan Cohen, Maria Ordonez, Stacy Lynch and Marti Cummings, thank you for your hard fought, issues-raising campaigns.Curtis ArluckSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone