[BwayDems] 1/6/22 Vigil for Democracy at Verdi Square (73rd and Broadway)

Pat Almonrode palmonrode at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 10:23:48 EST 2021

Please note this is not an official Broadway Democrats event, but we
encourage participation.Vigil for Democracy with UWS MoveOn/Indivisible
*Thursday Jan. 6, 2022*
*4:30 - 5:30 at Verdi Square (73rd & Broadway)*

[image: Jan 6 vigil.png]

*For more information and to register (optional):
www.mobilize.us/democracyvigils/event/430773/
<http://www.mobilize.us/democracyvigils/event/430773/> *

Gather with *UWS MoveOn/Indivisible Action* at Verdi Square [73rd/Bway] for
a somber remembrance of the events of Jan. 6, 2021, and a call to action to
defend our democracy. There will be speakers, music, a sharing of our
feelings and thoughts, and singing together as we hold our signs from
4:30-5:30pm.

In the year since the right-wing assault on the Capitol, the extremist
politicians who incited the attack have tried to block the investigation
into the violence, state legislators have passed one anti-voter bill after
another, local election officials have faced death threats, and the
potential for future election sabotage has only grown.

We must not forget what happened -- and we must demand action from our
leaders to prevent another attack on our democracy.

No matter our color, background, or party, most of us believe that people
who betray our nation and endanger our lives have no business governing in
our name. That’s why we must stand together in this moment.

In 2020, we turned out in record numbers, made sure our votes were counted,
and that the will of the people prevailed. Throughout 2021, we’ve organized
to protect the freedom to vote, stop partisan gerrymandering, and prevent
election sabotage. It’s been a long, hard fight, and we’re closer to the
finish line now than we’ve ever been.

But we can’t stop now –– we need to keep up the momentum for our freedom to
vote.