[BwayDems] Broadway Democrats Weekly Events: September 28 - October 4

Broadway Democrats broadway.dems at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 19:40:13 EDT 2020

[image: high quality broadway dems logo.jpg]

BROADWAY DEMS &

NEW YORK FOR BIDEN-HARRIS

SWING STATE PHONE BANK (virtual)

Monday, September 28 - 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM

We are calling swing states to recruit volunteers and Get Out the Vote
(GOTV). This is how New Yorkers can really make a difference in this
election--with outreach to priority states. Joe needs you. Kamala needs
you. America needs you!

Sign Up Here
<https://www.mobilize.us/joebiden/event/309290/?share_medium=native_share&share_context=event_detail_page&force_banner=true>

BROADWAY DEMS BOOK CLUB

Tuesday, September 29 - 7:00 PM

Before the debate, join our first book club meeting where we will be
discussing How to be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi.

RSVP H
<https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0ud-msrjMpH9F4xlbUwxAO8kGBnglz35uc>
ere

BROADWAY DEMOCRATS -

GO BLUE COMMITTEE

We hope you are volunteering at least 2 hours every week till Nov 3.   We
only have 36 days left...  Some states have already started vote-by-mail
and in-person early voting!

Sign-up to volunteer:

bit.ly/broadwaydemsgoblue <https://forms.gle/GMVARFVCn4pkU2GH8>

Check out our NEW Saturday phonebank supporting the very competitive IOWA
US Senate race!  We must win back the Senate.

Our ALMOST DAILY events happen on Zoom (we'll send you the link close to
the event) and we provide training at the beginning of every session.

Have questions about volunteering?  Let us know at
broadwaydemsgoblue at gmail.com and we'll be happy to set up a phone call.

MONDAYS 5-6 pm

Help us phone bank for US Rep. Max Rose's re-election campaign (Staten
Island/Brooklyn, NY-11).  Congressman Rose flipped this seat in 2018 after
many years of Rep. control and we're helping him keep it blue in 2020!

TUESDAYS 6:30-8:30 pm

Flip the Senate?  Yes!  Be a part of history and phone bank to help Kansas
elect Dr. Barbara Bollier as the first Kansas Democrat elected to the U.S.
Senate since 1932.  Dr. Bollier, formerly a Republican, is in a close and
very winnable race for an open seat held by Republican Pat Roberts for over
20 years.  We will also work to elect Kali Barnett in "The Big First"
(CD-1).

WEDNESDAYS  4:30-7 pm

Help us phone bank with Reclaim Our Vote & the NAACP to combat voter
suppression in North Carolina.  We ask under-represented voters of
color to pledge
to vote in November (and invite their friends and family to do the same)
and provide information on vote-by-mail and early-voting so that they can
vote safely and make sure that their vote is counted.

THURSDAYS - 5-7 pm

Help defeat Mitch McConnell, who The New Yorker calls "the most dangerous
politician in America."  Phone bank to Kentucky and help Amy McGrath win
the Senate seat while we try to pick up some down-ballot races along the
way!

https://www.newyorker.com/podcast/political-scene/mitch-mcconnell-the-most-dangerous-politician-in-america

SATURDAYS  12-2 pm

Help us phone bank on behalf of North Carolina state Senator candidate
Terri LeGrand, in Forsyth and Davie Counties.

What's at stake in NC: in 2018 Democrats broke the Republicans'
supermajority in both chambers, and in 2020 we have the opportunity to take
control of both chambers.  We're within 5-6 flips of that reality in each
chamber.

If Dems. can break the Rep. control in the state legislature we will be
able to influence redistricting that will be put in place for the next 10
years.  Republicans drew such gerrymandered districts that they had to be
redrawn by court order.  We will also finally be able to expand Medicaid in
NC under the ACA.  Not to mention that by boosting turnout among Dem.
voters we help re-elect Governor Roy Cooper, help win another Senate seat
(Cal Cunningham, running against Thom Tillis), and secure 15 electoral
votes for Joe Biden!

SATURDAYS  3-5 pm   NEW PHONEBANK!

Help flip the senate!  The senate race in IOWA is rated "Toss Up" and hyper
competitive.  Recent polls from the Des Moines Register give Theresa
Greenfield a slim lead over incumbent Joni Ernst - let's help her keep it!
Let's make sure however much evangelicals in IA get activated by the open
Supreme Court seat, we are there to stop them! This phone bank also has us
asking voters to support Biden and all down-ballot Dems for a Blue Wave in
IA.

SUNDAYS  12-1pm

Help us write Vote Forward letters "please Be a Voter in Nov." to voters in
Swing States.  More than 7 Million letters have already been written in
2020 and the goal is to write 10 Million letters!

Sign-up to volunteer with us!

bit.ly/broadwaydemsgoblue <https://forms.gle/GMVARFVCn4pkU2GH8>

See you at an event soon.

Mary, Meika, Shelby, Judith, Amy, Margaret, Tedde,

& the rest of Broadway Dems Go Blue 2020 team

LOOKING FOR MORE?

Check out phone banks supporting important races in PA, FL, NC, and IA with
our partners at Swing Left Target 2020 NYC:

bit.ly/slt20