[BwayDems] UJA Solidarity March SUNDAY 11 AM - No Hate, No Fear

Pat Almonrode palmonrode at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 16:48:34 EST 2020

<https://www.ujafedny.org/marchnyc/?utm_source=social&utm_medium=fb-event&utm_campaign=march-nyc>We
want to make our membership aware of this important community event,
sponsored by UJA-Federation. From their website (
https://www.ujafedny.org/marchnyc/):

*MONSEY. BROOKLYN. JERSEY CITY.*
*When anti-Semitism strikes our community, we stand up and stand together.*

This Sunday, January 5, we will march through our streets — proud, united,
and strong.

The 1.5 million Jews of our great city and region will not stand down.
We will not be intimidated.

We invite New Yorkers of every background to stand with us and say no to
hate and no to fear.

Meet at Foley Square at 11:00 am to march across the Brooklyn Bridge for a
rally in Cadman Plaza.

*DIRECTIONS*
Subways to Foley Square:
1, 2, 3, A, C, J, or Z trains to Chambers Street
4, 5, 6, R, or W trains to City Hall

Once downtown, march participants should arrive at Foley Square via the
North side, at the intersection of Worth Street and Lafayette Street (also
known as Federal Plaza).

Marchers who arrive via subway south of Foley Square MUST walk North up
Broadway or Centre Street until Worth Street, then proceed toward the
intersection of Worth and Lafayette.

ASL Interpreters: Enter Cadman Plaza via the VIP Entrance: Enter Cadman
Plaza Park from either Cadman Plaza East or Cadman Plaza West at the War
Memorial.

*NOTES FOR THE RALLY:*

   1. Participants are reminded to dress appropriately for the weather and
   to bring water. (And snacks!)
   2. Participants should limit the size and number of backpacks
   3. Strollers are welcome.
   4. There will be portable toilets at Cadman Plaza, but not at Foley
   Square.