[BwayDems] Broadway Democrats Weekly Events: August 30 - September 6

Broadway Democrats broadway.dems at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 19:30:33 EDT 2020

[image: broadway_democrats_logo_nyreblog_com_.jpg]

BROADWAY DEMS &

NEW YORK FOR BIDEN-HARRIS

SWING STATE PHONE BANK (virtual)

Monday, August 31 - 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM

We are calling swing states to recruit volunteers and Get Out the Vote
(GOTV). This is how New Yorkers can really make a difference in this
election--with outreach to priority states. Joe needs you. Kamala needs
you. America needs you!

Sign Up Here
<https://www.mobilize.us/joebiden/event/309290/?share_medium=native_share&share_context=event_detail_page&force_banner=true>

BROADWAY DEMOCRATS GO BLUE COMMITTEE

Only 64 days till Nov. 3

*We are the majority in this country. If most of us vote in Nov, **we will
win the MOST IMPORTANT election of our lifetime, save our Democracy, and
move this country forward. **You can help, together with thousands of
volunteers across the country!*

Have questions about volunteering?  Don't know how to get started?
Send us an email at *broadwaydemsgoblue at gmail.com*
<broadwaydemsgoblue at gmail.com> and we'll be happy to set up a phone call
and speak with you!

This is our plan for the next two weeks. All events happen virtually on
Zoom.
Training is provided at the beginning of every session.

MONDAYS 5-6 pm
Help us phone bank for *US Rep. **Max Rose*'s re-election campaign (Staten
Island/Brooklyn, NY-11).  Congressman Rose flipped this seat in 2018 after
many years of Rep. control and we're helping him keep it blue in 2020!

WEDNESDAYS 5-7 pm
Help us phone bank with Reclaim Our Vote & the NAACP to combat voter
suppression in North Carolina.  We ask under-represented voters of
color to pledge
to vote in November (and invite their friends and family to do the same)
and give them information on vote-by-mail and early-voting.

*THURSDAYS * *5*-7 pm
Help defeat Mitch McConnell, who The New Yorker calls "the most dangerous
politician in America." Phone bank to *Kentucky* and help *Amy McGrath* win
the Senate seat while we try to pick up some down-ballot races along the
way!
https://www.newyorker.com/podcast/political-scene/mitch-mcconnell-the-most-dangerous-politician-in-america

*SATURDAYS 12-2 pm*
Help us phone bank on behalf of *North Carolina state Senator candidate
Terri LeGrand*, in Forsyth and Davie Counties.  What's at stake in NC: in
2018 Democrats broke the Republicans' supermajority in both chambers, and
in 2020 we have the opportunity to take control of both chambers. We're
within 5-6 flips of that reality in each chamber. If Dems. can break the
Rep. control in the state legislature we will be able to influence
redistricting
*that will be put in place for the next 10 years. *Republicans drew such
gerrymandered districts that they had to be redrawn by court order. We will
also finally be able to expand Medicaid in NC. Not to mention that by
boosting turnout among Dem. voters we *help re-elect Governor Roy Cooper,
help win another Senate seat (Cal Cunningham, running against Thom Tillis),
and secure 15 electoral votes for Joe Biden!*

*SATURDAYS 3-5 pm*
Help defeat Mitch McConnell, who The New Yorker calls "the most dangerous
politician in America". Phone bank to *Kentucky* and help *Amy McGrath* win
the Senate seat while we try to pick up some down-ballot races along the
way.
https://www.newyorker.com/podcast/political-scene/mitch-mcconnell-the-most-dangerous-politician-in-america

SUNDAYS 12-1pm

*Sept 6*
Help us write Vote Forward letters "please Be a Voter in Nov." to voters in
Swing States.  3 Million letters have already been written in 2020 and the
goal is to write 10 Million letters!

*Sept 13*
Help us write Reclaim Our Vote postcards to empower under-represented
voters of color in voter-suppression states.  More than 3.5 Million
postcards have already been mailed in 2020!

SUNDAYS *3*-5 or 3-6 pm
Help us phone bank on behalf of *North Carolina state Senator Kirk DeViere,
state Representative candidates Dr. Frances Jackson and Dr. Kimberly Hardy,
and Congressional candidate Pat Timmons-Goodson*, in Cumberland County.  What's
at stake in NC: in 2018 Democrats broke the Republicans' supermajority in
both chambers, and in 2020 we have the opportunity to take control of both
chambers. We're within 5-6 flips of that reality in each chamber. If Dems.
can break the Rep. control in the state legislature we will be able to
influence redistricting *that will be put in place for the next 10
years. *Republicans
drew such gerrymandered districts that they had to be redrawn by court
order. We will also finally be able to expand Medicaid in NC. Not to
mention that by boosting turnout among Dem. voters we *help** re-elect
Governor Roy Cooper, help win another Senate seat (Cal Cunningham, running
against Thom Tillis), and secure 15 electoral votes for Joe Biden!*

Sign-up to volunteer & we'll be in touch shortly:
bit.ly/broadwaydemsgoblue <https://forms.gle/GMVARFVCn4pkU2GH8>

We're filling these 64 days with lots of *Volunteering Joy*.
See you at one or more of these events!

Mary, Meika, Shelby, Judith, Amy, Margaret
& the Broadway Dems Go Blue 2020 team