[BwayDems] #SaveThePostOfficeDay - Saturday, August 22nd at 10:45am - March from 112th Street Post Office to 104th Post Office Rally

Paula Diamond Roman valleygirl109 at rocketmail.com
Thu Aug 20 19:17:20 EDT 2020

Dear Concerned CommunitySupporters,
This Saturday is#SaveThePostOfficeDay.The nationwide call for demonstrations thisSaturday was initiated by MoveOn, Working Families Party, Indivisible, NAACP,SEIU, AFT, Rural Organizing and more.   We will start locally at10:45 at the 112th Street Post Office and march to the rally being held byMoveOn, et. al,  at the Cathedral Post Office on 104th Streetwhich starts at 11 a.m.

So, we will congregateat the West 112th Street post office at 10:45 a.m. with SIGNS, and march singlefile, socially distanced, down Broadway to 104th Street to join the CathedralPost Office rally.  By coming together to stand up for a postalsystem that connects us, that we rely on for medications, paychecks, and more,and that will literally be counted on to deliver democracy in the electionsthis fall.

These actions are acrossthe country at local post offices demanding that Postmaster General Louis DeJoyresign in the wake of mail slowdowns. We’ll also call on Congress to safeguardthe integrity of our mail and elections and protect it from Donald Trump andDeJoy.

It should be noted thatwhile, as of yesterday, we have a temporary reprieve of any further dismantlingof the USPS prior to the election, according to the Washington Post, "PresidentDonald Trump’s postmaster general has no intention of restoring mail equipmentor funding overtime hours he cut, despite public outcry that operationalchanges are undermining service before the November election. ...

DeJoy "franklyadmitted that he had no intention of replacing the sorting machines, bluemailboxes and other key mail infrastructure that have been removed and thatplans for adequate overtime, which is critical for the timely delivery of mail,are not in the works."
Join us to preservedemocracy and save the post officeSaturday, 534 W. 112th St.Post Office at 10:45 a.m.
Sign ideas can be foundat: #SaveThePostOfficeMaterials or dream up your own.

Let's help preserve ourPost Office and Democracy!

Links in the message (1)
|  |  |
#SaveThePostOffice Materials