[BwayDems] Go Blue Events: Mon, Aug 17 - Sun, Aug 30

BroadwayDems GoBlue broadwaydemsgoblue at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 18:34:23 EDT 2020

[image: broadway_democrats_logo_nyreblog_com_.jpg]

We have only 78 days till Nov. 3

We are doing everything we can to win big in November. We write "please be
a voter in November" letters to voters in Swing States and postcards with
voting information for voters of color in voter-suppression states. We
phonebank both in non-partisan (providing vote-by-mail and early-vote
information to voters of color in voter-suppression states) and partisan
ways (calling on behalf of Dem. candidates in Swing Left's "Super"
districts).

Have questions?  Don't know how to get started?
Send us an email at *broadwaydemsgoblue at gmail.com*
<broadwaydemsgoblue at gmail.com> and we'll be happy to set up a phone call
and speak with you.

This is our plan for the next two weeks. All events happen virtually on
Zoom.

Training is provided at the beginning of every session.

MONDAY 4-5 pm

Help us phonebank for *US Rep. **Max Rose*'s re-election campaign (Staten
Island/Brooklyn, NY-11).  Congressman Rose flipped this seat in 2018 after
many years of Rep. control and we're helping him keep it blue in 2020!

*SPECIAL EVENT* THIS TUESDAY, AUG 18 5:30 pm

Meet *NC state House candidate Kimberly Hardy*, from Cumberland County! We
are phonebanking for Dr. Hardy every other Sunday to help North Carolinians
win the majority in their state legislature, currently under Rep. control.
Dr. Hardy is a lifelong social worker and a university professor who
believes that everyone has the right to a safe place to live, quality and
affordable health care, high-quality schools, clean water and many other
things.

WEDNESDAY 5-7 pm

Help us phonebank with Reclaim Our Vote & the NAACP to combat voter
suppression in North Carolina.  We ask under-represented voters of
color to pledge
to vote in November (and invite their friends and family to do the same)
and give them information on vote-by-mail and early-voting.

*THURSDAY * *5*-7 pm

Help us phonebank to Kentucky and help Amy McGrath win that Senate seat
while we try to pick up some down-ballot races along the way.

*SATURDAY 12-2 pm*

Help us phonebank on behalf of *North Carolina state Senator candidate
Terri LeGrand*, in Forsyth and Davie Counties. Democrats have a chance in
2020 to win the majority in the NC state legislature: they just need to
flip *5* Senate seats and *6* House seats. Even if they win the majority in
only one of the chambers, they break the current Republican control and
will be able to influence *redistricting that will be put in place for the
next 10 years.*

SUNDAY 12-1pm

Aug 23

Help us write Vote Forward letters "please Be a Voter in Nov." to voters in
Swing States.  3 Million letters have already been written in 2020 and the
goal is to write 10 Million letters.

*Aug 30*

Help us write Reclaim Our Vote postcards to empower under-represented
voters of color in voter-suppression states.  More than 3.5 Million
postcards have already been mailed in 2020.

SUNDAY 4-6 pm

Help us phonebank on behalf of *North Carolina state Senator Kirk DeViere,
state Representative candidates Frances Jackson and Kimberly Hardy, and
Congressional candidate Pat Timmons-Goodson*, in Cumberland County.
Democrats have a chance in 2020 to win the majority in the NC state
legislature: they just need to flip *5* Senate seats and *6* House seats.
Even if they win the majority in only one of the chambers, they break the
current Republican control and will be able to influence *redistricting
that will be put in place for the next 10 years*.

Sign-up to volunteer & we'll be in touch shortly:

bit.ly/broadwaydemsgoblue <https://forms.gle/GMVARFVCn4pkU2GH8>

We're filling these 78 days with pure *Volunteering Joy*.

See you at one or more of these events!

Mary, Meika, Shelby, Judith, Amy, Margaret

& the Broadway Dems Go Blue 2020 team