[BwayDems] Broadway Democrats Weekly Events: August 10 - August 23

Broadway Democrats broadway.dems at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 07:24:55 EDT 2020

AUGUST ZOOM FORUM

Budget Justice

Thursday, August 13 - 7:00 PM

At our next forum, Ricky Silver, Co-Founder of Empire State Indivisible,
will discuss the New York State budgeting process, and what advocacy and
activist groups mean by the term Budget Justice. He’ll discuss some
history, explain some bills and policy initiatives, and offer some
suggestions about what the Broadway Democrats can do to help push our state
towards a more equitable budget.

Please join us to learn more, and engage in the effort to make New York
State a more equitable place for us all.

Stay posted to our website broadwaydemocrats.org for the Zoom link.

BROADWAY DEMOCRATS GO BLUE COMMITTEE

Can you add a few handwritten sentences to Vote Forward letters,

to encourage as many people as possible to Be Voters in November?

  Can you handwrite a short script on the beautiful Reclaim Our Vote
postcards

to empower Voters of Color in voter-suppression states?

  Can you call Voters of Color in voter-suppression states with Reclaim Our
Vote's non-partisan message,

with information on how to vote safely and make sure their vote is counted?

  Or maybe you can call voters on behalf of specific Democratic candidates
in key races?

  We make it all as easy and fun as possible!  Volunteer with us.  You'll
make a difference and feel great.

We have only 85 days till Nov. 3

This is our plan for the next two weeks.

All events happen virtually on Zoom (link is sent close to the event).

Training is provided at the beginning of every session and support is given
throughout.

THIS WEEK:

Wed 8/12 at 5-7 pm, help us phone bank with Reclaim Our Vote & the NAACP to
combat voter suppression in North Carolina.  We ask under-represented
voters of color to pledge to vote in November (and invite their friends and
family to do the same) and give them information to vote-by-mail or
early-voting.

Thur 8/13 at 4-6 pm, help us phone bank to Maine and Kentucky and help Sara
Gideon and Amy McGrath win the Senate seats, while we try to pick up some
down ballot races along the way.

Sun 8/16 at 12-1 pm, help us write Reclaim Our Vote postcards to empower
under-represented voters of color in voter-suppression states.  More than
3.5 Million postcards have already been mailed in 2020.

Sun 8/16 at 4-6 pm, help us phone bank on behalf of North Carolina state
Senator Kirk DeViere and state House candidate Frances Jackson, both from
Cumberland County.  Democrats in NC have a chance in 2020 to win the
majority in the state legislature: they just need to flip 5 state Senate
seats and 6 state House seats.  Even if they win the majority in only one
of the chambers, they break the current Republican control and will be able
to influence redistricting that will be put in place for the next 10 years.

NEXT WEEK:

Wed 8/19 at 5-7 pm, help us phone bank with Reclaim Our Vote & the NAACP to
combat voter suppression in North Carolina.  We ask under-represented
voters of color to pledge to vote in November (and invite their friends and
family to do the same) and give them information to vote-by-mail or
early-voting.

Thur 8/20 at 4-6 pm, help us phone bank to Maine and Kentucky and help Sara
Gideon and Amy McGrath win the Senate seats, while we try to pick up some
down ballot races along the way.

Sun 8/23 at 12-1 pm, help us write Vote Forward letters "please Be a Voter
in Nov." to voters in Swing States.  3 Million letters have already been
written in 2020.

Sun 8/23 at 4-6 pm, help us phone bank on behalf of North Carolina state
House candidate Kimberly Hardy, from Cumberland County.  Democrats in NC
have a chance in 2020 to win the majority in the state legislature: they
just need to flip 5 state Senate seats and 6 state House seats.  Even if
they win a majority in only one of the chambers, they break the current
Republican control and will be able to influence redistricting that will be
put in place for the next 10 years.

Sign-up for one or more activities here:

bit.ly/broadwaydemsgoblue <https://forms.gle/GMVARFVCn4pkU2GH8>

We're filling these 85 days with Volunteering Joy.

See you at one or more of these events!

Questions?  Let us know at broadwaydemsgoblue at gmail.com.

Mary, Meika, Shelby, Judith, Amy, Margaret

& the Broadway Dems Go Blue 2020 team