[BwayDems] Let's Get Counted!

Meika Mustrangi meika2008 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 18:55:01 EDT 2020

[image: unnamed.jpg]

Dear Broadway Dems members,

If you'd like to participate in *NYC 2020 Census* "*Text Out The Count"*
 tomorrow, sign up for a shift here
<https://www.mobilize.us/nyccensus/event/267755/>.

Won't it be great to learn that more people were counted in 2020 compared
to 2010, knowing that we helped make it happen!

Any questions or issues, feel free to reach out to me by email or phone
(646) 549-9926.

Hoping you and yours stay safe and well,

Meika

P.S. Don't forget to let us know if you already filled out the 2020
Census.  We're hoping to get 100% participation among Broadway Dems members!

[In case you missed Amy's email yesterday with more details about
tomorrow's textathon]

Good evening members and friends,

It was wonderful to see so many of you at Broadway Dem's first virtual
forum last Thursday!

Below is a message from our Steering Committee member, Meika Mustrangi, who
is organizing our Broadway Dem contingent for this Thursday's virtual event
for getting out the census. I was pleased to speak to so many of you by
phone who have already filled out the census forms.  For those of you who
have not yet spoken with a member of our Steering Committee, let Meika know
if you have already filled out your census forms by emailing her at
meika2008 at gmail.com

Meika will be available to connect with you during Thursday's virtual event
by phone or text at 646-549-9926. For more information, please see her
important message below:

- - - - - - - - - -

Dear Broadway Dems,

As Julie Menin, NYC 2020 Census Director, mentioned in our Zoom Forum last
Thursday, the city is organizing a large outreach to get the word out about
the Census.

This *Thursday, April 23, from 10am to 8pm*, NYC 2020 Census is
hosting a *"Text
Out The Count"* virtual event, where volunteers will be able to reach
hundreds of New Yorkers within minutes with a text message encouraging them
to fill out the Census.  The text-a-thon uses *Hustle*, a free peer-to-peer
text messaging platform that does not share the volunteer's personal phone
number.

[image: 2020 Census photo logo.jpg]

In 2010, the city's self-response rate was less than 62%, compared to the
national average of 76%.     :(
[image: NYC-map-web.png]

Census results help determine how billions of dollars in federal funding
flow into states and communities each year.  The more of us who fill out
the census, the more money our neighborhoods will get from the government
for healthcare, schools, and housing over the next 10 years.  They also
determine how many seats in Congress each state gets!

[image: hero_bannner.png]

*If you are free anytime between 10am and 8pm this Thursday, join us.
Together we can make a difference!*

What do you need to do to participate in the "Text Out The Count" on
Thursday?

1- Sign up for a two-hour shift here
<https://www.mobilize.us/nyccensus/event/267755/>.
2- You will receive a text message from NYC 2020 Census with a weblink that
will allow you to create an account on Hustle.
3- Once you create your account on Hustle, you'll see a TO DO list with a
link to the text bank and you can start texting!
OBS: You can either download the free Hustle app on your phone or tablet or
work directly from their website (www.hustle.com).

Remember, there are no questions about immigration, citizenship or
financial information on the Census and your responses are 100%
confidential.

[image: census-phone-numbers-hero.png]

*I will be available all day Thursday to help with any questions that may
come up.  Call or text me at (646) 549-9926.*

We also hope you are asking family, friends, and neighbors if they have
filled out the Census.  At our Zoom meeting last week, Manhattan Borough
President Gale Brewer reported that she got her entire staff of about 50
people to fill out the Census.  Let us know that you completed the
2020 Census so we can also boast 100% participation in our Broadway Dems
club!

Looking forward to doing this together.
Meika

[image: IMG_9839.jpeg]