[BwayDems] BP Gale Brewer's annual Back to School Day of Action - stand with immigrants

Pat Almonrode palmonrode at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 08:33:21 EDT 2019

Manhattan Borough President Brewer Back to School Day of Action 2019

Dear Friend,

Next Thursday, September 5, my office will hold our annual Back to School
Day of Action
<https://nyc.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=bf27f3da34498cc55bd5e1da4&id=88a4112c44&e=f11fd66752>
to distribute information flyers at NYC schools and subway stations.

Recent federal government rulings on immigration policy are expected to
deeply impact New York City’s immigrant communities. Particularly, the
August 12, 2019 U.S. Department of Homeland Security “public charge” rule
will force undocumented immigrants to choose between a chance to obtain
legal permanent status and vital benefits such as SNAP, Medicaid, and NYCHA
or Section 8 housing. The rule is complex and confusing, which is why I am
committed to letting New Yorkers know where to get free legal help if they
have questions about what to do.

To spread the word, I need YOUR help next *Thursday morning, September 5*,
to distribute flyers at public schools and subway stations across
Manhattan. *Sign up online today*
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf9pe6n9y4ZrssrgfSEV7O0LcRVM0ZuiTb0nykhWacSm8S3wQ/viewform>
to stand with New York City's immigrant populations. Deadline to sign up is
Tuesday, September 3 at 11:59 pm. You can pick up flyers at my offices at 1
Centre St, 19th Floor South, or at 431 West 125th St on Wednesday,
September 4 any time between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm. If this is inconvenient
for you, please let us know and we’ll make alternate arrangements.

We’ll be distributing flyers from 7:30 am to 8:30 am on Thursday, September
5. Then, at 9:30 am join your fellow volunteers for a breakfast at either
my Northern Manhattan (431 West 125th Street) or Downtown Manhattan (1
Centre Street, 19th Floor) offices.

Additionally, if you are interested in learning more about the public
charge rule, my office will be holding an info session in partnership with
the New York Immigration Coalition that evening, September 5, 6:00 pm to
8:00 pm, at the Synod House at 1047 Amsterdam Avenue (@ 112th Street). RSVP
for the event at https://www.facebook.com/events/1033507930152985/.

Thank you for joining me to stand with all immigrants, documented or not,
in these difficult times.

Sincerely,

Sign Up to Volunteer
<https://nyc.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=bf27f3da34498cc55bd5e1da4&id=f3876f40ac&e=f11fd66752>
[image: Facebook]
<https://nyc.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=bf27f3da34498cc55bd5e1da4&id=9fefa17889&e=f11fd66752>
[image: Twitter]
<https://nyc.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=bf27f3da34498cc55bd5e1da4&id=f2fc4add82&e=f11fd66752>
[image: Instagram]
<https://nyc.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=bf27f3da34498cc55bd5e1da4&id=151be82747&e=f11fd66752>
[image: Website]
<https://nyc.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=bf27f3da34498cc55bd5e1da4&id=f5f63500fd&e=f11fd66752>
*Our mailing address is:*
Office of the Manhattan Borough President
1 Centre St
19th Floor South
New York, NY 10007-1602

Add us to your address book