[BwayDems] Fwd: Two days left to flip this Senate seat! Let's make some calls: (Mississippi)

Paula Diamond Roman valleygirl109 at rocketmail.com
Sun Nov 25 14:18:58 EST 2018

| Last chance to pick up one more Senate seat in 2018! Just days from now, the runoff election in Mississippi could be one more major blow to Trump.

The US Senate race in Mississippi – which will be decided 6 DAYS from now in a runoff election -- has new life, with a real chance for Democrat Mike Espy to WIN and flip another deep red, deep South Senate seat!

Sign up now to GET OUT THE VOTE for this critical runoff election between now and Tuesday! You have two options:

1. CALL Mississippi Democratic voters from home with Mississippi Democrats' virtual phone bank tool>>

2. TEXT Out The Vote with their peer-to-peer text message tool to reach voters on their cell phones>>

This is a runoff election that Republicans expected to win easily, but since Election Day on November 8, Republican Senator Cindy Hyde-Smith has continued to say extreme and SHOCKINGLY RACIST things that could turn this into another Roy Moore situation (which, you’ll remember, resulted in Democrat Doug Jones winning the Senate seat previously occupied by Jeff Sessions).

Sen. Hyde-Smith even made a LYNCHING joke, in a state with a terrifying history of lynchings, saying of a supporter who praised her at an event, "If he invited me to a public hanging, I'd be on the front row."

This election is in just 6 days and it’s our LAST chance to deal Trump and Mitch McConnell one more stinging midterm defeat!

Trump Republican Cindy Hyde-Smith was appointed to her Senate seat following the retirement of Sen. Thad Cochran last year. While it looked as though this race going to runoff would just be a formality and she’d be a shoo-in to win, she is proving to be even more of a disaster than anyone knew and showing herself as someone egregiously unfit to serve in the Senate.

First, she made that lynching joke … footage of which made news after an Election Day when one Mississippi voter made headlines by being photographed casting his ballot while wearing a tee shirt depicting a noose and a Confederate flag with the words “Mississippi Justice.”

Then, just last week, another recording of Hyde-Smith was revealed in which she OPENLY ENDORSED VOTER SUPPRESSION! Calling it a "great idea" to "make it just a little more difficult" for "liberal folks" to vote!

Last year in neighboring Alabama, Roy Moore admittedly had some extra baggage, with many credible allegations of sexually assaulting teenage girls. But it’s worth remembering that Moore was defeated first and foremost because he was an unrepentant racist. African American voters – particularly African American women – led the charge against him at the ballot box and turned out in incredibly high numbers to make history and elect a Democrat to Alabama’s seat.

We now have a chance to make history repeat itself next Tuesday in Mississippi. And we have, perhaps, the perfect candidate to do it.

>The Democrat in the race, Mike Espy, was the first black congressman elected in Mississippi since Reconstruction. And he’s not shying away from our shared progressive values -- campaigning on fighting for health care through expanding Medicaid and children's health insurance; standing up for reproductive freedom; forcefully speaking out against family separation at the border; and more…

Can you spare a couple hours between now and Tuesday to pick up or more shifts, right from home or wherever you are?