[BwayDems] Endorsement for New York State Senate 30th District- LaShawn Henry

lashawn henry lhenry422 at gmail.com
Thu May 10 15:07:33 EDT 2018

May 10, 2018

Noah Kaufman

President

Broadway Democrats Club

P.O. Box 1099 Cathedral Station

New York, NY 10025

RE: Endorsement for New York State Senate 30th District

Dear President Kaufman & Broadway Democrat Members:

First, allow me to apologize for not being able to be with you tonight as
you consider who to endorse for various elective positions. Unfortunately,
I had a prior engagement that I was not able to re-schedule.

I’ve asked my Assistant, Adrienne Mack, to share with you a brief
biographical summary – and an outline of why I’m running for the New York
State Senate.  I’ve also asked her *not* to boor you to tears by reading
those documents to you.

I do, however, want to highlight a few of the reasons why I’m seeking your
endorsement in my quest to become the New York State Senator for the 30th
District:

   -

   I think it’s time for Democrats to start proposing bold initiatives
   again – and to stop being content with just stopping the Republicans from
   enacting their most regressive ideas. You’ll be hearing more about my
   initiatives as the race moves forward.

   -

   I want us to address the underlying problems that have led to so much
   disparity between the 1%ers and the rest of society.

   -

   I want there to be as much transparency as possible in government. That
   means making information available online, making as many meetings as
   possible open to the public, and conducting our legislative business out in
   the open.

   -

   I want us to give people a reason to come out and vote in every election.

   -

   I want to make our schools safe for our children – and I want to make
   our street safe for everyone.

   -

   I want women to feel truly empowered – and truly equal – in all aspects
   of their lives.

Thank you for your understanding and consideration – and please feel free
to contact me if you’d like to learn more about my candidacy.

Sincerely,

LaShawn Henry

Candidate

New York State Senate 30th District