[BwayDems] Fwd: Robert Jackson for State Senate

Pat Almonrode palmonrode at gmail.com
Wed May 9 10:12:21 EDT 2018

Dear Broadway Democrat,

This year we can end Republican control of the New York State Senate and
build a strong, progressive Democratic majority.  And that starts by
defeating my opponent who is one of the turncoat Democrats – the IDC – who
has sold us out for personal perks and power and enabled the
Trump-supporting Republican minority to lead our State Senate.  I’ve been
honored to receive Broadway Democrats support in the past, enjoyed
petitioning with you and listening to you, and I ask for your vote this
Thursday, May 10th at the Broadway Democrats meeting.

In this age of Trump, New York must be a progressive leader. Your support
now will help win this race for the 31th District to fully fund our public
schools, reform our rent laws, pass NY’s single payer health plan, protect
reproductive health and LGBT rights, pass real ethics and campaign finance
reform, put Democrats in charge of the next redistricting and make Andrea
Stewart-Cousins the first woman Senate Majority Leader, breaking up the
so-called “three men in a room.”

These are the issues I’ve fought for my entire life. From my first elected
position as School Board President where I launched the Campaign for Fiscal
Equity lawsuit against the state to fix a funding formula that was cheating
our children, walked 150 miles to Albany to highlight the cause and won a
court judgment that awarded $16 billion for NYC public schools, to my 12
years on the City Council where I sponsored the Small Business Survival
Act, fought for immigrant rights and services and promoted equality,
fairness and justice, to recent fights for tenants’ rights, minimum wage
increase and against the IDC, I have taken on the tough fights for workers
and New Yorkers … and never backed down.

Already we’ve been endorsed by the Comptroller Scott Stringer, Working
Families Party, David Dinkins, Charles Rangel, Ruth Messinger, Virginia
Fields, Zenaida Mendez, Assemblymembers Inez Dickens, Deborah Glick and Al
Taylor, Keith Wright, Rosie Mendez, Ronnie Eldridge, Hazel Dukes, 20
District Leaders [including our own Paula Diamond Roman and Curtis Arluck],
10 Democratic Clubs, Tenants PAC, Daily Kos, and more than 60 grassroots
activist groups. People and groups across the District are joining this
campaign and I hope you will too.

The stakes are high for our public school children, our workers, our
seniors and all of us. You can do something meaningful this Thursday.  Your
support will help make it possible – and this possibility really is as
important as it is exciting.

If you have any questions or comments, you can reach me at
Robert at VoteRobertJackson.com, or my campaign manager, Richard Fife, at
richie at rjfpr.com or 917-617-4188.

Very grateful,

Robert Jackson