[BwayDems] TONIGHT 6:30 to 9:00 Dinner for Linda Andrei, MD. -- Candidate for Congress in NY's 23rd District

Pat Almonrode palmonrode at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 17:41:15 EDT 2018

*From:* James Marquand [mailto:james.marquand at gmail.com]
*Sent:* Sunday, March 25, 2018 8:23 PM
*To:* Peppito, Mary
*Subject:* Fwd: Now With Video -- Save the Date (and perhaps the country)
Tues, March 27th 6:30 to 9:00 Dinner for Linda Andrei, MD. -- Candidate for
Congress in NY's 23rd District

Hello All Again --

First of all, heartfelt thanks to the many of you who've already responded.
On Linda's behalf I thank you for your generosity and look forward to
seeing you Tuesday. Second of all, apologies for nudging everyone else...
These times don't seem to repay the soft-sell ;) Be sure to check out the
video clip of Linda at a recent debate.

And for those of you I am contacting for the first time:

On the heels of every lament I utter about the state of our politics, comes
the nagging reminder-to-self that neither I nor any of my friends are out
there running for office. So when at a restaurant in Brooklyn a few weeks
ago I overheard Linda Andrei say that after a career as a cardiologist in
upstate New York she was in a bid  to represent New York's 23rd District in
Congress, I couldn't help introducing myself and my partner Lisa. We ended
up spending most of the dinner talking with Linda and her husband, and by
the end of the evening I knew I wanted to help her in any way I could.

The 23rd District tends to be quite conservative, but as elsewhere there is
an opportunity to pick up a seat for the Democrats. Accordingly, I have
invited Linda and her team to come over to our apartment on Tues March 27th
to present their agenda and their plans for taking the seat. And as an
added inducement for everyone to come, listen, and hopefully write checks,
I will be cooking up Stracotto Al Marquand in significant quantities, to be
accompanied by select New York wines.

Here is a link to the campaign website:  https://www.andreimd4congress.com/

The event will take place at:   James Marquand and Lisa Wolfe's

                                                545 West 111th Street Apt
10J
<https://maps.google.com/?q=545+West+111th+Street+Apt+10J+New+York,+NY+10025&entry=gmail&source=g>

                                                New York, NY 10025
<https://maps.google.com/?q=545+West+111th+Street+Apt+10J+New+York,+NY+10025&entry=gmail&source=g>

                                                (718) 864-8144
<(718)%20864-8144>

If you aren't hungry, and or don't like good wine, but would still like to
help, you can donate directly via the official invitation prepared by the
campaign and attached below.

Directions: Take the 1 train to 110th and Broadway. Our building is one
block north, on the north east corner. NOTE: if you take the 2 or 3 train,
it will take you to 110th Street, but you will have a bit of a walk west
from Malcolm X Blvd.

And as promised, these just in from the campaign:

Click the Google Drive link below to see video of Linda standing up for
single payer healthcare, jobs training and more in a debate in Chemung
County.​

*[image:
https://ssl.gstatic.com/docs/doclist/images/icon_10_generic_list.png]*
*Linda6.m4v*
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S6Htxtf7R25uOpl5QFBJpMxblGEK4aPS/view?usp=drive_web>

​

The local paper did a write-up : http://www.dansvilleonline.
com/news/20180316/23rd-challengers-debate   Scroll down to bottom for
coverage of Linda's intervention.

Meanwhile The Chau Cat, a news outlet for a normally very conservative
readership in the western part of the district, released their endorsement
of Linda last Sunday. http://chaucat.com/?p=27005

Also, please feel very free to forward this email invite to any and all you
think may be interested.

I do hope you can come, and Iook forward to seeing you and introducing you
to Linda, who is exactly the sort of admirable human being we so PAINFULLY
need in government today.

All Best -- JM

--

James Marquand