[BwayDems] Fwd: My lawsuit to protect Dreamers

Paula Diamond Roman valleygirl109 at rocketmail.com
Wed Sep 6 18:06:08 EDT 2017

  New York must lead the way in the fight to protect immigrants from the destructive policies of this administration.

 Paula -

 Yesterday, President Trump announced a plan to rescind DACA – a critical program that’s helped over 800,000 young immigrants come out of the shadows, earn a degree, and get a job. These young people were brought to America as children and call our great country home.

 More than 40,000 New Yorkers have been granted protection under DACA and they are thriving. They pay taxes here. They work here. They go to school here. And they've earned the right to stay here.

 I am co-leader of a coalition of AGs which just filed a federal lawsuit to protect Dreamers who rely on DACA. Add your name to say you are with me in this fight.

 At the base of the Statue of Liberty, there's a poem that was written by the descendant of early Jewish immigrants. It says that our nation will "lift its lamp" for the huddled masses. That promise is as important today as it was when those words were first written.

 New York must lead the way in the fight to protect immigrants from the destructive policies of this administration, and right now I am counting on you to join me in this effort.

 Add your name to say you support my lawsuit to protect the Dreamers who rely on DACA. Together we will defend the rights of immigrants who call this country home.

 All my best,

 Eric

 ADD YOUR NAME »

PAID FOR BY SCHNEIDERMAN 2018