[BwayDems] Rally: Cuomo must lead against fossil fuels!

Eric Weltman eweltman at fwwatch.org
Fri Oct 13 06:09:43 EDT 2017

Rally: Tell Cuomo to Get Off Fossil Fuels

Thursday, October 19
7:30 am – 8:30 am

Yale Club of New York City
50 Vanderbilt Avenue, Manhattan

On October 19, Governor Cuomo is holding a fundraiser – and we’ll be there, too, urging him to get New York off fossil fuels!

We’re rallying outside the event, calling on Cuomo to be a climate leader by stopping fossil fuel projects and switching to 100 percent renewable energy.

In the wake of disastrous hurricanes, and on the 5th anniversary of Superstorm Sandy, New York faces an onslaught of oil & gas pipelines, power plants, and other projects.

Join us in demanding that Cuomo stop the Williams pipeline, the Albany micro-grid, the CPV power plant, the Pilgrim pipelines, and other fossil fuel infrastructure.

Your voice makes a difference – so please join us before you go to work and start your day with an hour of action on climate!

Co-sponsoring organizations (list in formation): Food & Water Watch, New York Communities for Change, NYPIRG, 350NYC, 350Brooklyn, United for Action, Empire State Indivisible, NYC Friends of Clearwater, Three Parks Independent Democrats, Surfrider Foundation, NYC H2O, Sierra Club NYC Group

For more information, or to RSVP, contact Eric Weltman: eweltman at fwwatch.org<mailto:eweltman at fwwatch.org>; 347-778-2743

https://www.facebook.com/events/1493382737404476/?active_tab=about

Eric Weltman
Senior Organizer