[BwayDems] Rally: Urge Schumer to Oppose Dirty Energy Bill

Eric Weltman eweltman at fwwatch.org
Fri Jul 7 06:39:29 EDT 2017

*** Rally ***
Urge Schumer to Oppose Dirty Energy Bill

Tuesday, July 11
Noon – 1:00 pm

Office of Senator Chuck Schumer
780 Third Avenue, Manhattan
(between E. 48th and 49th Streets)

Join us in urging Senator Schumer to lead the opposition to the Trump-McConnell Dirty Energy Bill.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is attempting to rush this 891-page bill to a vote the week of July 10 without any public hearings, bypassing all committees, and flouting normal procedures.

The Trump-McConnell Dirty Energy Bill would be a disaster, promoting more fracking and drilling for dirty fossil fuels.

·        Speed the approval of exports of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)

·        Give FERC even more authority to rubber stamp the approval of pipelines

·        The “Renewables” section doesn’t even mention solar and wind power

On July 11, we’ll be delivering to Schumer a letter signed by hundreds of organizations and a petition signed by thousands of constituents calling on him to oppose this dangerous legislation.

Please join us on July 11 and call Schumer’s office, too: 866-583-2908

For information, contact Eric Weltman at Food & Water Watch: eweltman at fwwatch.org<mailto:eweltman at fwwatch.org>; 347-778-2743

https://www.facebook.com/events/190470558153641/?active_tab=about

Join us on July 27 at 7:00 pm for our Citywide Volunteer Meeting at the New York Society for Ethical Culture featuring Judith Enck, former regional EPA administrator!

Eric Weltman
Senior Organizer
Food & Water Watch
347-778-2743