[BwayDems] Speak out & Rally Against the Trump Agenda, 1-3 PM, 181st St. and B'way

Paula Diamond Roman valleygirl109 at rocketmail.com
Sun Nov 13 00:45:37 EST 2016

>From our sister club to thenorth . . . ---------- Forwarded message----------From: Barack Obama DemocraticClub of Upper Manhattan It is important for us to take time to seek consolationand to offer comfort to those around us who are now scared of what their lives inAmerica could be under a Trump presidency; we all remember that throughout the campaignhe threatened Muslims and immigrants, disrespected women and derided members ofthe press. But, we must also quickly regroup and organize to resist. Below are some actions you can take in the next few hours and weeks to send a clearmessage to President-elect Trump that we will not stand idly by as he and his coterieof extremists dismantle what has taken us decades of hard work to build. WHAT: Speak out & Rally Against the Trump AgendaWHEN: TOMORROW, Sunday, November 13, 2016, 1pm-3pmWHERE: Corner of West 181st Street and Broadway (1 Train or A Trainto 181 Street)  After the Uptown Speak Out & Rallyhead Downtown to Columbus Circle to stand with immigrant communities and tell President-electTrump that immigrants are #HereToStay. WHAT: Tell President-elect Donald Trump that immigrants are #HereToStay(Rally and March)WHEN: TOMORROW, Sunday, November 13, 2016, 2pmWHERE: Trump International Hotel- 1 Central Park West in Columbus Circle(A,B,C,D, 1 Trains to 59 Street)  Then on Tuesday, November 15 join CouncilmanMark Levine at a community conversation on the election results. WHAT: Councilman Mark D. Levine's Community Conversation On ElectionResultsWHEN: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 6:30pmWHERE: To be determined
RSVP & INQUIRIES: Click here toRSVP.  Finally, one of our most pressing tasksin this new reality is rebuilding the Democratic Party to regain the trust of voterswho are disaffected with the status quo and yearn for change in our politics andin our economy. Below are links to an op-ed by Senator Bernie Sanders on what theparty should do going forward and a video of remarks by Senator Elizabeth Warrenon the same topic. There is a also a link to Shaun King's column on the urgencyto organize early to resist Trump's policies on Day 1. There is also a link to BernieSanders' petition asking for Congressman Keith Ellison to be appointed as Chairof the Democratic National Committee.  Click here to read SenatorBernie Sanders' op-ed in the New York Times on what Democrats should be doing towin back our electorate.Click here to watch SenatorElizabeth Warren's remarks on what our party's priorities will be in the age ofTrump.Click here to read ShaunKing's New York Daily News column on the fierce urgency of organizing early to faceTrump's policies on Day 1.Click here toadd your name to support Keith Ellison for DNC Chair. There is no doubt that the days aheadwill be bleak, but we can overcome if we join efforts and remain organized. Onward In Solidarity,Juan RosaPresident, Barack Obama Democratic Club