[BwayDems] Petitioning Season has Started!

Paula Diamond Roman valleygirl109 at rocketmail.com
Sat Mar 19 02:31:38 EDT 2016

Dear Bway Dems -
Every four years, we have *three* primaries in one year! April 19th is the presidential primary; June 28th is Congress/Senate; and September 13th is the primary for local state offices. Last week the Bway Dems endorsed Congressman Jerry Nadler and Senator Chuck Schumer for re-election; we also endorsed Assemblyman Keith Wright for the congressional seat in the 13th, since Congressman Charlie Rangel is retiring.
Now it's time to petition for our candidates! We're going to be out every weekend (weather permitting) and we hope you'll join us. Some dates, we'll have the candidates with us; other dates, we may have other elected officials. Regardless we need *you* to make petitioning a success.
Tomorrow, Pat will be petitioning *very* early (8-10am) in front of Absolute Bagels (the east side of Broadway, between 108th and 107th Streets). Paula and Luis will be petitioning later, either on 110th and Broadway or in front of Central Market on 110th, near Central Park. (It depends on the weather.) On March 26th, we'll be back at Absolute Bagels with Congressman Nadler!

We'll be petitioning from now until April 9th. We have two districts to cover and we're very flexible so let us know where *you'd* like to petition. Also, we'd love for you to petition in your building so let us know how many sheets of petitions you need! (FYI, in the Bway Dems area, the 13th Congressional district is 100th Street to 110th Street starting on the east side of Amsterdam Avenue; and 122nd Street up. If you want to double-check your district, http://ziplook.house.gov/htbin/findrep?ZIP=10025&Submit=FIND+YOUR+REP+BY+ZIP) If you live in a really big building and want to organize a special evening of petitioning, let us us know!

Can't wait to hear from y'all!Paula, Curtis, & Pat917-757-6058