[BwayDems] Espaillat for Congress

David Baily david.goldberg.baily at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 16:20:50 EST 2016

*​*

*Adriano Espaillat, Breaking Barriers and Building a Better Future *

Democrat Adriano Espaillat is a fighter on our side. Throughout his career
in public service, starting as a tenant organizer and then in the Assembly
and State Senate, he has always sought to address the biggest problems in
our community and provide solutions - from building new schools to
revitalizing our parks and repairing our subway stations.

As congressman, Senator Espaillat will bring new energy to Washington and
will be a steadfast champion for working- and middle-class Americans. He
will fight for a fair living wage, immediate and effective investments in
affordable housing, meaningful criminal justice reform, infrastructure
improvements, expanded youth programs, and better educational opportunities.

*Education*

 As a legislator, Adriano Espaillat mounted strong support for the Ladder
Program, which resulted in an additional $300 million dollars in funding
for school construction in our communities.  He also filed an Amicus Brief
and held the State Budget hostage unless adequate funding for schools was
included in the plan.

 Adriano Espaillat stood with parents and the Mayor in the fight for
Universal Pre-K, which now benefits almost 70,000 in New York City.

 In Congress, Adriano will push for the Federal Government to provide
additional funding to all Title 1 schools, so they can extend programs to 6:00
p.m. and provide our students with the resources they need to succeed.

 Adriano will also push to develop a national technology curriculum so
that our children can harness the full potential of the digital revolution.

 Adriano will fight for a federal Dream Act

*Housing*

 Adriano Espaillat worked with thousands of tenants to build a better
future by leading the fight to extend and expend pivotal rent laws that
protect 2.5 million tenants.

 To make sure these laws are enforced Adriano Espaillat is an ardent
supporter of the Tenant Protection Unit which has recover over 50,000
affordable units

 Adriano Espaillat is working to build a better future for NYCHA
residents, helping secure $100 million in state funding, an unprecedented
investment

 Espaillat will fight to get Congress off the sidelines by calling for a
reinvestment in affordable and public housing.

*A Living Wage*

 Adriano Espaillat has broken-down barriers to help working New Yorkers
succeed by passing legislation to:

o Allow 35,000 daycare providers to organize

o Create a worker’s compensation fund for 40,000 livery drivers

o And allocate $40 million for the training of security officers

 In Congress, Espaillat will work tirelessly to build a better future by
fighting for a livable wage for all

*Immigration Reform*

 Adriano Espaillat successfully fought to give undocumented immigrants
access to In-state tuition and is a strong advocate for the NY DREAM Act,
breaking barriers to education for undocumented immigrants.

 In Congress, Espaillat will build a better future by fighting for a path
to citizenship to bring undocumented immigrants out of the shadows

*Healthcare*

  Adriano Espaillat helped build a better future for upper Manhattan
residents by calling for improved conditions and reduced wait times at
Emergency Rooms

 In Congress, Espaillat will fight for our communities to get the
healthcare resources we deserve.