[BwayDems] Assembly Member O'Donnell Statement in Reaction to Orlando Shootings

Paula Diamond Roman valleygirl109 at rocketmail.com
Sun Jun 12 17:50:14 EDT 2016

| Assembly Member O'Donnell Statement in Reaction to Orlando Shootings
June 12, 2016 - In reaction to last night's deadly shootings at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, Assembly Member O'Donnell issued the following statement:   My heart breaks each and every time people suffer from an act of terror-whether at home or abroad. As New Yorkers, we unfortunately understand the pain and grief inflicted all too well. As a member of the LGBT community these targeted hate crimes feel even more personal. Terrorism is not of any religion or state. It is born of ignorance and hatred. I stand in mourning and solidarity with all those who were impacted by the horrifying attacks in Orlando last night. During this month of pride, let us not be silenced by this dreadful occurrence, but come together in celebration of all we have achieved and recommitted to all that we must continue to do.

Contact: Elana Shneyershneyere at nysa.us646-245-2935
### Daniel O'Donnell, the first openly gay man elected to the New York State Assembly, has been a progressive voice advocating fair and sensible legislation since he was elected to represent the 69th District in 2002, including the author and sponsor of New York State's Marriage Equality Law, which was signed into law in 2011. His district includes Manhattan Valley, Morningside Heights, and the Upper West Side. He serves as the Chair of the Correction Committee, and of the Codes Subcommittee on Criminal Procedure; and is a member of the Education; Codes; Environmental Conservation; and Tourism, Arts & Sports Development committees. |

| STAY CONNECTED:

|  |  |

 |  |

|  |

| Assembly Member Daniel O'Donnell, 245 West 104th Street, Suite 1D, New York, NY 10025 |
|  |
|  |

 |  |