[BwayDems] Fwd: Mon 2/8: Fight Gentrification Uptown

Pat Almonrode palmonrode at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 14:47:10 EST 2016

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ava Farkas <Ava at metcouncilonhousing.org>
Date: Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 11:25 AM
Subject: Mon 2/8: Fight Gentrification Uptown

[image: Met Council on Housing]
<http://metcouncilonhousing.nationbuilder.com/?e=8ca3487e4441806f8f270e4fe89215bc&utm_source=metcouncilonhousing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2_8_forum&n=1>
Patrick --

Join Met Council for these Upcoming Events:

   - Northern Manhattan Community Forum, Mon Feb 8 @ 6:30 PM
   - Rally Against 421-A Tax Break, This Fri Feb 5 @ 11 AM
   - City Council Hearings on Mandatory Inclusionary Housing and Zoning for
   Quality and Affordability, Feb 9 & 10 @ 9:30 AM

Our City is under attack from developers. Tenants and small business are
threatened with displacement while worker's lives and livelihood are
threatened by unsafe, non-union construction. Affordable housing is
impossible to find. As the Mayor's Housing Plan advances to the City
Council with hearings next week, tenants have an opportunity to speak out
against the plan and to demand REAL AFFORDABLE HOUSING that is built
responsibly and with rents that are affordable to the majority of low
income New Yorkers. Join us next Monday to learn the details of the City's
plan and then come and testify Tuesday at what is sure to be a marathon
hearing!

*Monday 2/8: Northern Manhattan Community Forum  *
*6:30 PM at the Isabella Center, 515 Audubon Ave (corner of 191st Street)*
Learn about Mandatory Inclusionary Zoning and decide what "Affordable
Housing" is for Upper Manhattan.

[image: Inwood_Community_Forum_1.25.16_official_update.jpg]

*This Friday 2/5 @ 11AM - Rally Against 421-A*
The 421-A tax break has expired and we want to keep it that way. Join the
Alliance for Tenant Power and the Real Rent Reform Coalition for a rally to
let Governor Cuomo know that tenants say "No" to a resuscitation of 421-A
without stronger rent laws. Gather at 57 St. and 5th Ave. to March to the
One57 luxury condo -- a poster child of this terrible program that deprives
the city of a billion dollars a year in tax revenue.

*CITY COUNCIL HEARINGS ON MIH and
ZQAhttp://labs.council.nyc/land-use/mih-zqa/
<http://labs.council.nyc/land-use/mih-zqa/>*
Come out Tuesday 2/9 to testify against MIH or Wed 2/10 to testify against
ZQA
Both Hearings will start at 9:30 at City Hall (Murray St. and Broadway)

*A Great Winter Fundraiser!*
Thanks to everyone who showed up for our Winter Fundraiser last week at the
home of our gracious host Bill Samuels. We are also grateful to those who
donated online or mailed in checks even though they couldn't be there.
Don't worry if you missed it! You can still make a donation online:
https://metcouncilonhousing.nationbuilder.com/winter_fundraiser

[image: MC42_1__(2).jpg][image: MC1_1__(2).jpg][image: MC52_1__(2).jpg][image:
MC28_1__(2).jpg][image: MC40_1__(2).jpg]

Ava Farkas
http://metcouncilonhousing.nationbuilder.com/
<http://metcouncilonhousing.nationbuilder.com/?e=8ca3487e4441806f8f270e4fe89215bc&utm_source=metcouncilonhousing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2_8_forum&n=2>

Met Council on Housing · 339 Lafayette St, Suite 301, New York, NY 10012,
United States
This email was sent to palmonrode at gmail.com. To stop receiving emails, click
here
<http://metcouncilonhousing.nationbuilder.com/unsubscribe?e=8ca3487e4441806f8f270e4fe89215bc&utm_source=metcouncilonhousing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2_8_forum&n=3>.