[BwayDems] Assembly Member O'Donnell praises CT Governor Malloy for executive action to ban gun sales to individuals on the no fly list

Elana Shneyer shneyere at assembly.state.ny.us
Thu Dec 10 14:36:17 EST 2015

Assembly Member O'Donnell praises CT Governor Malloy for executive action
to ban gun sales to individuals on the no fly list

O'Donnell Calls on Governor Cuomo to do the same

December 10, 2015-In the wake of the terrorist attack in San Bernardino,
California, and a lack of federal action to date, Assembly Member
O'Donnell today called on Governor Andrew Cuomo to issue an executive
order to prohibit individuals on the federal no-fly list from being able
to purchase fire arms. He elaborated:

Connecticut's Governor Malloy took the bold step today of issuing an
executive order to ban individuals on the no fly list from being able to
purchase guns. With daily mass shootings in this country, it's long past
time to rethink the accessibility of guns. Prohibiting suspected
terrorists on the federal no-fly list from being able to purchase guns is
a common sense, easy step we can take to make us all safer. I call on
Governor Cuomo to follow suit and close the loop hole in New York. If this
does not happen as a result of executive action, I pledge to do it
legislatively.

###

Daniel O'Donnell, the first openly gay man elected to the New York State
Assembly, has been a progressive voice advocating fair and sensible
legislation since he was elected to represent the 69th District in 2002,
including the author and sponsor of New York State's Marriage Equality
Law, which was signed into law in 2011. He is currently the Chair of the
Standing Committee on Correction. His district includes Manhattan Valley,
Morningside Heights, and the Upper West Side.

Elana Shneyer, Chief of Staff

Assembly Member Daniel O'Donnell

245 W. 104th Street

New York, NY 10025

212-866-3970

shneyere at assembly.state.ny.us

 <https://www.facebook.com/danieljodonnellny> facebook icon
<https://twitter.com/DannyODonnellNY> twitter icon

Join us for our  <https://www.facebook.com/events/565261840293779/>
holiday party and toy drive on 12/21 in our district office!