[BwayDems] Vote Robert Jackson for State Senate

Robert Jackson info at voterobertjackson.com
Wed May 7 14:15:49 EDT 2014

Dear Broadway Democrats,

I am excited for the opportunity to continue my work and serve as your
State Senator. With the same tenacity, passion and determination that has
enabled me to get results as a neighborhood leader, School Board leader and
for twelve years as a City Council leader, I am ready to go to Albany to
fight for change, for Broadway Democrats’ values and vision, and to achieve
Democratic control of the State Senate.

Over the years, I have fought side-by-side with Broadway Democrats for
progressive values, justice, fairness and opportunity for all. We have met
on the streets of our community, in your homes, your phone banks and at
your club meetings. Working together, we have made a difference in the
lives of our community, our city and our country. Now as a candidate for
State Senate, I ask for your support Thursday night.

I am running for State Senate to help provide good schools for our children
to make sure that every child has the same chance to succeed that I had.
I’m running to level the playing field, to fight for workers rights and
human rights, and make sure you have a voice so that seniors can afford to
stay here, that young people can start here and the middle class can
prosper. I am running to be your State Senator and be a strong advocate
for the diverse people of this district.

*Whether it is our schools, affordable housing, raising our minimum wage,
traffic safety or just about anything, it is clear that we have to fight
for it in Albany. I am ready to go to Albany and fight for you. I know how
to get things done. And, I’ve got a record to prove it. *

As a Community School Board President I sued the State to fix a broken
school funding formula that cheated our children, then walked 150 miles to
Albany to build support for the cause and won a court judgment that brought
home $16 billion for NYC public school children. On the City Council, I
Chaired the Education Committee and was chosen by my colleagues to serve as
co-chair of the Manhattan Caucus and the Black, Latino and Asian Caucus.
I’ve fought to protect seniors and prevent the people who helped build our
neighborhoods from being pushed out, sponsored legislation to help small
businesses and protect them from unaffordable rent increases, led the fight
to protect workers’ rights and for paid sick leave and sponsored a
resolution in the City Council to put us on record to ban fracking in New
York State.

*The campaign is off to a great start. People across the District are
joining this campaign because they want real leaders who don’t just talk
about problems, but also expend the political capital needed to solve
them. They believe I am that leader, and I hope you will, too. *

I ask for your support at Broadway Democrats this Thursday. Just as
important, I want you with me when I become State Senator next January –
providing me with ideas, letting me know what the community needs and
telling me when you disagree. Together, we can make a difference for
families today, and for generations to come. Please feel free to contact me
with any questions or with specific issues that should be addressed.

Sincerely,

Robert Jackson